While making sure your leather shoes are tidy is important, it doesn’t have to be a tedious process. In summer, take special care that your favorite boots are not exposed to the sun for long hours. Kanika Bhatia, Chief Experience Officer, Egoss, and Ambud Sharma, Founder, Escaro Royale Luxury, show you how to care for your leather shoes:
* Keep them away from direct sunlight: Leather fades faster when exposed to sunlight. If stored away from direct sunlight, it will naturally fade over time. Sunlight can cause it to dry out and crack. The ideal places to store leather shoes are darker places with a little humidity, with slight ventilation to prevent mold growth.
* Avoid keeping socks in the shoes: The shoes wear out faster if the socks are kept inside the shoes as they leave a pungent odor leading to a bad odor which transpires in the socks worn with the shoes.
* Do not store shoes in plastic / grocery bags: Leather shoes need a little ventilation. Air must be able to pass through the leather. For this, shoes should never be stored in plastic bags or grocery bags. Use breathable fabric bags and pillow cases to store shoes.
* Do not wear the same pair daily: Leather shoes need time to dry naturally because they tend to absorb water from your feet. Wearing the same pair every day will not help the shoe dry out, resulting in faster wear.
* Use a shoe tree: Keeping the shoe tree in the shoe would allow it to retain its shape, reduce wrinkles and also soak up excess moisture and odor.
* Cleaning is important: Regular cleaning, polishing and conditioning play an important role in the care of leather shoes. You should clean, polish and condition your leather pieces regularly with high quality cleaners and sprays to increase its life. Always clean your leather shoes with a soft cloth before applying special shoe cream to soft leather crafts.
* Stay away from water: Do not get water on your leather products, especially hand painted products.
To follow @htlifeandstyle for more